1. A certified copy of your diplomas and transcripts of academic records.
All documents should be certified as true and original by the educational institution that issued them.
Graduates of the KU Leuven are only required to provide certified copies of diplomas (if any) not obtained at the KU Leuven.
If you still need to complete your studies at the time of application, please send intermediate transcripts along with your application. Please note that your final transcripts will have to be submitted upon enrolment.
2. Translation of your diploma and official transcripts.
If your documents are not in English, French or Dutch, please arrange for these documents to be translated by a registered translator. These documents must also be certified by the educational institution that issued them or by a Belgian diplomatic office.
3. All applicants (who do not comply to the aforementioned exemptions) must submit a certificate proving their proficiency in English: a TOEFL certificate sent by ETS or an IELTS certificate sent by The British Council. Only original score cards sent directly by ETS or The British Council are accepted.
4. A photocopy of the identity page of your passport.
5. A proof of payment (bank transfer) of the application fee of € 50. This amount is non-refundable. (Note: this fee is waivered if you apply for the VLIR-UOS ICP scholarship).
6. A two-page statement of purpose that substantially describes your motivation and research interests.
7. A detailed CV covering past and present educational background and professional experience if any.
Admission decisions are based on a complete application file.
Applicants might also be invited for an intake interview with the programme coordinators. Interviews are organized in July, at the end of August and at the beginning of September.
In my first Master in Development I learned techniques and had the illusion that I could apply methods disregarding reality. Studying CADES helped me to better tailor my work to communities I was already working in.